Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Monday, July 25, 2005

Wading

I haven't heard back about ETI yet. I'd expected to by now, and am wondering if they have enough candidates. I'm still in that odd place where I'll be happy either way, with getting the training this year or waiting and having a life this year. I much prefer starting this year, but I can't get worked up in any way with worry should I not be accepted.

The Shakespeare Intensive which was to start yesterday, was postponed until Wednesday because the instructor was down with the flu. We'll figure out how to make up the Sunday and Monday classes when we meet. Personally, I'd like to make up the time during the last week or two as we prepare for the one performance at Volunteer Park.

This week feels like it will be laid back. Good. I need to decompress. I don't want to decompress, and if you knew me before 1999 you'd know how fucking weird that sounds. I'm going to read more scripts, work on a book or two, and eat a fancy dinner out. I don't know where, when, or whether I'll be alone. I want to be with someone, but I don't feel the impetus to spend the infinitesimal energy to ask people. It'd be peaceful to eat alone, but then I might not go out to dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home