Lazy Daze
Thursday afternoon I called Beth to see if she wanted to go to a PWYW (Pay What You Will) for TPS members. When I'm working I still give them the ticket price or more, I just like getting the discounted tickets figuring it encourages support for TPS. It was Exchange Theatre's production of Hobson's Choice at the Bathhouse Theater. I understand their weekend shows have been getting packed houses, but the Thursday crowd was modest, only about twenty in the audience. The energy was still good, and a surprising amount of laughter. Small audiences tend to be shy about hearty laughter. Knowing how that feels when you are on the boards I let loose with some good guffaws towards the beginning, which seemed to break the ice. Before long others were initiating unmuffled laughter. Made the show more fun for me.
Tonight Steve and Paula are going to pick me up for Rebecca. I know at least one person in this show, and wondering if I'll know any of the other actors. It is working out nice. I'm treating people to shows, as a thank you for all the wonderful help I've gotten, and getting to some shows myself. Win-win-win situation as far as I'm concerned. Good friends, good shows, heartfelt thank you's.
My roommate Aaron loaded most of my cd's to my desktop. Using our local wan, I'm connected to it with a play list of 72 tracks going. Nice variety, no commercials. If I ever get an mp3 player it'll sure be easy to load it. I've never been much of a boom box or walkman sort of guy -- I kind of like experiencing the world around me. Maybe when I upgrade a car stereo, I'll have a good use for one, but that won't be in the immediate future.
It is a lazy Saturday to be sure, and I've had enough lazy Saturdays, but I suspect my leg wants more. Still, I ordered a script in anticipation of an audition for a show the Port Orchard community theatre is putting up. I've mixed feelings, but the introductory bit of the script I read seemed pretty fun. I'll have to read the whole thing to see if the character and humor both stay rich. I'm looking for auditions with fringe theatres starting in about two weeks. I feel like I'm lying fallow. It's only been a month since I was abruptly taken out of the loop. I was feeling the same way in January, even though I was working on a show and had been startled by how many things I'd done over the last year when I was putting together a resume for the auditions I was planning to go to in the days after I broke my leg.
I continue to move the leg around more every day, but can't put significant stress on it yet. Oh, to simply put all my weight on the right leg. Seems like a distant fantasy -- especially to the left leg. So, a little more every day, initiating new pains as the old ones fade away. Oh to sleep solidly without a vicodin or a drink, to have a beer with dinner without figuring out whether I have enough time to get it out of my system before bedtime. The last couple weeks I have been able to sleep one night without medication. More often I have started without anything, only to woke up in pain. What a bother. However the abstinent nights are great, needing a couple hours less sleep. Frustratingly the pain isn't anything I can't deal with during the day, but pretty hard to sleep with. So it seems like of the same. Logically I know I am healing at a good rate, it just doesn't register emotionally.
Well here's to the Easter weekend. Whether you believe our state religion or not, here's to wishing all your ills are healed.
Tonight Steve and Paula are going to pick me up for Rebecca. I know at least one person in this show, and wondering if I'll know any of the other actors. It is working out nice. I'm treating people to shows, as a thank you for all the wonderful help I've gotten, and getting to some shows myself. Win-win-win situation as far as I'm concerned. Good friends, good shows, heartfelt thank you's.
My roommate Aaron loaded most of my cd's to my desktop. Using our local wan, I'm connected to it with a play list of 72 tracks going. Nice variety, no commercials. If I ever get an mp3 player it'll sure be easy to load it. I've never been much of a boom box or walkman sort of guy -- I kind of like experiencing the world around me. Maybe when I upgrade a car stereo, I'll have a good use for one, but that won't be in the immediate future.
It is a lazy Saturday to be sure, and I've had enough lazy Saturdays, but I suspect my leg wants more. Still, I ordered a script in anticipation of an audition for a show the Port Orchard community theatre is putting up. I've mixed feelings, but the introductory bit of the script I read seemed pretty fun. I'll have to read the whole thing to see if the character and humor both stay rich. I'm looking for auditions with fringe theatres starting in about two weeks. I feel like I'm lying fallow. It's only been a month since I was abruptly taken out of the loop. I was feeling the same way in January, even though I was working on a show and had been startled by how many things I'd done over the last year when I was putting together a resume for the auditions I was planning to go to in the days after I broke my leg.
I continue to move the leg around more every day, but can't put significant stress on it yet. Oh, to simply put all my weight on the right leg. Seems like a distant fantasy -- especially to the left leg. So, a little more every day, initiating new pains as the old ones fade away. Oh to sleep solidly without a vicodin or a drink, to have a beer with dinner without figuring out whether I have enough time to get it out of my system before bedtime. The last couple weeks I have been able to sleep one night without medication. More often I have started without anything, only to woke up in pain. What a bother. However the abstinent nights are great, needing a couple hours less sleep. Frustratingly the pain isn't anything I can't deal with during the day, but pretty hard to sleep with. So it seems like of the same. Logically I know I am healing at a good rate, it just doesn't register emotionally.
Well here's to the Easter weekend. Whether you believe our state religion or not, here's to wishing all your ills are healed.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home