To Post Or Nuke The Post
Like others, I've been thinking of creating a second blog for writing. Not so much for writing, but as an archive location for projects, and different rewrites. I put up a version of The Thai Getaway, dating it 1999, allowing me to have a clean page, with links to the various projects and versions. Once I get more entries I hope to have all the writings archived, so they can be brought up one at a time.
My hesitation was putting my work out where all can see. Pretty silly, as I've found I have to ask more than twenty people to get one person to actually read and give me feedback on something. Not likely to get a stampede of readers suddenly stomping on my ego. Anyway, I found an old version of a piece on my work computer, and with some hacking got the format 50% of the way there. I believe I've a newer version at home, and I'm doing a total rewrite. The challenge with this one, is it started life as a monologue exercise, and now it is stiff and stilted. Hence the long break and the current radical rewrite. I'll be experimenting with this a bit, and if I don't nuke it I'll try posting my current rewrite progress later. I'd not recommend reading the work unless you like to see a very ucky draft, or are interested in it's evolution.
My hesitation was putting my work out where all can see. Pretty silly, as I've found I have to ask more than twenty people to get one person to actually read and give me feedback on something. Not likely to get a stampede of readers suddenly stomping on my ego. Anyway, I found an old version of a piece on my work computer, and with some hacking got the format 50% of the way there. I believe I've a newer version at home, and I'm doing a total rewrite. The challenge with this one, is it started life as a monologue exercise, and now it is stiff and stilted. Hence the long break and the current radical rewrite. I'll be experimenting with this a bit, and if I don't nuke it I'll try posting my current rewrite progress later. I'd not recommend reading the work unless you like to see a very ucky draft, or are interested in it's evolution.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home