Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Friday, January 14, 2005

Four Oh

40%. Not really a 4.0, but my inner republican changed the scale to make me appear divine to fools and knaves. And like all things republican, anyone willing to use the intellect of their inner 10 year old can see through the 'spin'.

I'm not satisfied, but I console myself it had been several weeks since I came into work before 9:00 AM, and I can't remember the last time I did it twice in one week. Our rehearsal ran a little late last night, and since we are having an eleven day break, there was more than the usual gabbing afterwards. Getting home after 11:00 PM, and putting my dinner in the microwave I decided right there I wasn't going to get up early to get into the office by 9 AM.

Even shortly after 9:00 AM it was still cold. I hadn't ridden the bike this week, and didn't want to let that record stand. When I bought my good motorcycle, the Moto Guzzi (my favorite, and the cheapest cruiser or Euro-cruiser available) I commuted by motorcycle at least one day a week for over a year. That seems an admirable resolution for 2005. Resolutions really should be fun.

After work I'm off for the optician at Sears. That is what my insurance lamely covers. It will be touch and go. They take longer than most places, and I'm hoping to have my new glasses by January 26th. I'm going to the opera again, and would like to be able to see the action and the reader board without having to resort to binoculars or contortionist squinting. A lot better for night driving too, as the glare is a little more pronounced now that I'm no longer 20/20.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home