Halloween Heebie Georgies
380 tons of high explosives looted. This should be bothering all of us. There are two possibilities. One is U.S. forces had no clue while 760,000 pounds of high explosive was removed. This would require a largish convoy. The other possibility is we were aware the material was being moved.
The media seems to be buying option number one, which at best I find extremely hard to believe. I won't explore that option -- it's already been done. So, option number two is we were aware the material was being moved. I'd assume and hope if it was being removed by unfriendly forces action would have been taken immediately. If 'friendlies' took the high explosives were they Americans or others?
We trained Afghan Freedom Fighters, giving them the tactics and organizational skills to carry out 9/11. I received a military brief in 1990 or 1991 that our next big problem after the USSR would likely be those Freedom Fighters, who would turn on us if they ever felt abandoned. Rumsfeld, Cheney, Powell, etc. knew this, I can't believe a lowly Navy Lieutenant had access to analyses they did not, and which they were directly involved in. Even worse, it was feared the Afghan Freedom Fighters would use airliners as weapons, targeting things like sports stadiums or shopping malls. I pray the explosives weren't taken by the new allies of these guys.
Suppose Americans took the explosives. If so, were they civilians (e.g. mercenary folks from someone like Haliburton), or taken by military or intelligence personnel. In either case why do we want 380 tons of high explosives which are not inventoried or even accounted for?
The idea the explosives disappeared without anybody in the U.S. having a clue is more far-fetched than it is scary. Somehow I find all the slightly more plausible possibilities to be even more troubling. Either way, I expect the missing explosives to come back and haunt us like the weaponry we abandoned and is now being used against our troops, likely with far, far greater consequences. Nice little Halloween story, eh?
The media seems to be buying option number one, which at best I find extremely hard to believe. I won't explore that option -- it's already been done. So, option number two is we were aware the material was being moved. I'd assume and hope if it was being removed by unfriendly forces action would have been taken immediately. If 'friendlies' took the high explosives were they Americans or others?
We trained Afghan Freedom Fighters, giving them the tactics and organizational skills to carry out 9/11. I received a military brief in 1990 or 1991 that our next big problem after the USSR would likely be those Freedom Fighters, who would turn on us if they ever felt abandoned. Rumsfeld, Cheney, Powell, etc. knew this, I can't believe a lowly Navy Lieutenant had access to analyses they did not, and which they were directly involved in. Even worse, it was feared the Afghan Freedom Fighters would use airliners as weapons, targeting things like sports stadiums or shopping malls. I pray the explosives weren't taken by the new allies of these guys.
Suppose Americans took the explosives. If so, were they civilians (e.g. mercenary folks from someone like Haliburton), or taken by military or intelligence personnel. In either case why do we want 380 tons of high explosives which are not inventoried or even accounted for?
The idea the explosives disappeared without anybody in the U.S. having a clue is more far-fetched than it is scary. Somehow I find all the slightly more plausible possibilities to be even more troubling. Either way, I expect the missing explosives to come back and haunt us like the weaponry we abandoned and is now being used against our troops, likely with far, far greater consequences. Nice little Halloween story, eh?
1 Comments:
You liberal jerks are so ignorent. This is the stupedest thing ever.
Post a Comment
<< Home