Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Sunday, September 12, 2004

Poster Child

I am going to chat up a few photographer friends. I want a picture of someone holding a large pistol that looks as if it has just been fired. A smoldering candle or incense could probably lend the desired affect, as modern powders burn too cleanly. I have a couple pistols which would look pretty scary, and in my vanity I'd be willing to be the model. : )

It would have a caption in something like a 60's psychedelic font, lending it a happy flower child ambiance. It would read, "Who says a bird in the hand is worth two in the Bush?" Do you think I would need a Kerry button and/or a cartridge in one hand to make the dark humor clear? This I may really do.

I'd also like to make a big banner to hang over I-405 reading, "Give Cowardice a chance: Vote Republican!" If I didn't think it would get torn down in a few minutes the effort might be worthwhile. Also, a voice of that timbre would not serve to sway anyone making it self-defeating. Still, fantasizing about it is sure satisfying. Let's just imagine I did it and some Hummer driving neocon had a seizure as he ripped it down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home