Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Tuesday, September 07, 2004

One Grand

I just heard we hit 1000 U.S. service casualties in Iraq on our political discussion group at work. I responded,
"F***! This really hurts. Seriously, it is ripping me up inside and I'm shedding tears at my desk. They were my peers for ten years, and those old ties still run very deep in my psyche."
Today it doesn't matter it is a tiny number compared to Iraqi casualties. Tomorrow is soon enough to once again remember the disparity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home