Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Friday, September 10, 2004

Me Gilligan, You ...

Haven't posted my last couple journal entries, though I may edit and archive them later. They read and felt like Nathaniel Hawthorne, or what I have heard of Proust. There is only so much you should say describing a blade of grass, and it doesn't bear repeating.

I have taken walks again the last two evenings, averaging a little longer than the 4.5 mile walk I took Tuesday. The first one felt like a need, the last two were because I wanted to walk. I do again, and hope I can get out of the office soon enough. Waiting to see if the code fixes I did will do the trick.

The next post, which I started after this one shows I am still in a swirl. I generally get along very well with my little brother whom I greatly admire and love, but I am livid right now. I've no idea why, but right now I'd like to go back to the jungle and break my long period of abstinence with Jane multiple times, right after I beat the living Hell out of the Skipper, and give the professor and Mr. Howell a couple good pops too. Good thing they're fictional characters.

I don't why I am in such a spiritual mess. If there are Gilligans stumbling around in the spiritual world they'd look much like me right now.

I want to watch Star Wars tonight. As much as I'd like to go for a walk, I just noticed a little tightness in my knees and figure I'll give them a break tonight. Avoid the Maddock tendency to overdo everything. I was thinking Yoda, that little prune-like fellow, would certainly be kicking my ass around tonight. So maybe I'll watch him kick Luke's around a bit.

On the bright side, I am about to get a new home computer. My roommate Aaron likes building out machines, and we have a list of hot components we're going to use. It will be nice to have a better machine of my very own again. After that I am toying with the idea of getting a good duplexing color laser printer. I work on or with so many productions that could make use of something like that. I'd not print for free if I get the machine, just enough to cover supplies and maintenance. Maybe a big savings over Kinko? I have been saving the rent from Aaron to upgrade my home systems.

Darn. The job I was waiting on failed. Appears there are network problems. Let it go, and go for a nice evening ride on the motorcycle. I bet it's raining. ; )

I am really subjecting the 2 or 3 people that read this to my tangential and bizarre thought patterns tonight. Oh well, "Deal with it!"
I wanted to say "Fuck off", because it would feel so good right now, but there was no cause and I probably like all of you. At least I sorta got to say it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home