Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Thursday, August 19, 2004

So soon?

Last night I didn't get home in time to do any research. Even so the muse struck long before I was ready, with a kernel for opening scene. Now I am itching to get home and write the damn thing. I wasn't planning to write anything for another month or two, but I feel driven to get it down on paper, or more accurately on a hard drive.

I was mulling over the Matusow Affair, thinking about the tone of the author's first conversation and meeting with Matusow in which he did not come across as much of a human being. I have some thoughts already on the type of person Matusow was, and am really curious to see how they evolve. Thus far it has seemed Albert E. Kahn has enriched my initial impressions of a gifted and deliciously conflicted con artist striving for attention, who also had a few artistic and intellectual gifts. Thus far it seems like the man had a shallow epiphany and need to atone for his acts. Still it appears it was enough to make further bogus testimony an anathema for him. I suspect his recanting so openly in print was due more to his publicity hound nature, than to his nobler drives. I think the balance changed, and his nobler drives gained greater influence but that is just a thought to explore at this point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home