Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Friday, August 20, 2004

Next!

Well, I got the opening scene written. I like the premise, and as always I am not satisfied at all with the writing. Since I was writing at home I should have said the dialog aloud. It helps with the writing, and helps to give the characters distinct voices. Having others read it aloud is even better, but that is a little more work to organize. I've never done it on an initial draft, and I missed the opportunity again.

I had a very good friend visiting my roommate last night. Aaron is a computer hardware wiz, and Beth brought her ailing computer over. When I finished up the writing I wanted to do, I started visiting too. I certainly didn't help with the computer problem.

Ultimately, I didn't get time to do more than read the last page I'd read for my research. So, I refreshed myself, but didn't get any further. I'm going to Theater Schmeater to see Getting Out tonight, so I'll have a little time to read before the show starts.

Kind of a typical weekend. Tomorrow I'm going to my first opera, Lohengrin, for it's closing night. My friend Gregory Singleton is in the cast and I'm going with Rachel who has directed and assistant directed opera. Sunday I'm going to see the close of The Resistable Rise of Arturo UI, in which several my Meisner classmates are working amongst the cast of 30.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home