Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Dear Diary

Birthdays aren't so bad. It seems I was running a little late all day. Got into the office and my officemate wished me Happy Birthday as I was picking up my voice mail. Beth had called to sing, well kazoo, me Happy Birthday. A little later Kate instant messaged me a Happy Birthday. Then I got a little work done. Amidst the work I invited my Meisner classmates to the park for a couple Shakespeare plays and a picnic to celebrate my 47th. Still waiting to see if anyone can make it.

Around 3 PM Suvendu dropped by to get me. I suspected a birthday cake or a request to help with some code. As soon as he turned towards the kitchen I knew. Sindhura, my officemate had gotten me a cake and there was a nice crowd to sing me Happy Birthday. The sparking candles were suspicious, and sure enough they relit themselves. I went along and continued blowing them out, saying I couldn't blow any harder without getting ickies on the cake. Very good cake too. A little before or after that Dad called to wish me Happy Birthday.

Then it was off to the chiropractor, and luckily they forgot it was my birthday. I was feeling a little birthday'd out, though loving it. Usually I don't get so much attention without being on stage. I got my second wind on the entrainment table.

From there it was off to Beth's to have dinner with her and her mother, Peg. Wonderful pot roast and the best lemon bars ever. I got a dish of my very own lemon bars to take home. To gorge or not to gorge... Instant gratification or extended enjoyment? We'll see. A great visit and a lovely way to wind down the day.

I arrived home replete. Opened a gift from my folks, a Bugle Boy Hardball T-shirt with "MAD DOG" on it. One of my most used nicknames over the years, and I love it. Like Beth and Peg, they also wrote very nice cards. All in all a terrific birthday. Glad I didn't forget about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home