Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Recharging

Catching up at the office.  Whew!  Just got back from four days on the Duckabush River.  I wanted to 'fix' some of the signs, to read DuckaKerry.  For equal time and all, but nobody else was interested and I wanted a partner in crime.

I did some writing up there, both for this journal and my writing projects.  Not as much as I'd intended, but enough.  I have been mostly inside with work and theatre for such a long time, that taking time just to be outside in the woods was a somewhat novel experience.  It has been a couple years.

I set a folding chair on a sandy spot in the shade, with my laptop on a footstool serving as a small desk.  The channel has moved, and I was sitting where the river flowed only seven or so years back and looking down several hundred feet of river.  As I was finishing up for the afternoon my Dad walked by looking for his own quiet spot.  I commented, "This is what I would treat myself to on a frequent basis if I hit the lottery. "

I was working on a section of a script that was particularly hard for me.  A sensual scene, and to make it even worse a dysfunctional relationship -- physically and emotionally.  My own fault for choosing a story line needing those type of characters.  It was helpful to be really alone writing that.  Rewriting it will be easier, just letting those disturbing thoughts out for the first time was discomfiting.  I think I succeeded in setting up the the characters with a disturbing relationship that serves the story and has the potential to be believable and interesting.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home