On The Move
At the audition I confirmed the two things I need to work on the most for acting in the near/mid term are movement and voice. Movement has always been tough. Because of my size and who I am stillness works very well, and when I do move it needs to be decisive. No little fidgety stuff. I've also been dropping off of my voice lately. I don't really know if I am doing it more, or I am just more aware of it. Doesn't matter, I just know I want to work on it more.
In the short term I plan to start up tap and voice (singing) lessons in about two weeks, after I get back from vacation. I hope to find more advanced theatrical voice and movement classes in the Spring, though repeating the ones I've had at Freehold would not hurt. I also hope to take the audition lab, so I may have some choices to make. Especially if I hope to work in some shows in the mean time.
It was sure nice seeing Steve and Paula last night. We ate lots of sushi with their friend Jennifer, and then went back to their place for a beer. Gregory met up with us there. He is still recovering from being hit by a car. His memory is still spotty, and his circadian rhythms are out of whack. He sometimes sleeps too long, then is up for too long. It seems things are still trying to work themselves out.
He is working for the Seattle Opera as an actor. He suggested I send them my headshot and resume as they are always looking for big guys, and my height and girth are an asset. That is a cool thought. A little later it hit me as a Hell of a compliment. I view Gregory as a very accomplished professional actor, whose work has always impressed me. His casual suggestion made me feel pretty damn good.
In the short term I plan to start up tap and voice (singing) lessons in about two weeks, after I get back from vacation. I hope to find more advanced theatrical voice and movement classes in the Spring, though repeating the ones I've had at Freehold would not hurt. I also hope to take the audition lab, so I may have some choices to make. Especially if I hope to work in some shows in the mean time.
It was sure nice seeing Steve and Paula last night. We ate lots of sushi with their friend Jennifer, and then went back to their place for a beer. Gregory met up with us there. He is still recovering from being hit by a car. His memory is still spotty, and his circadian rhythms are out of whack. He sometimes sleeps too long, then is up for too long. It seems things are still trying to work themselves out.
He is working for the Seattle Opera as an actor. He suggested I send them my headshot and resume as they are always looking for big guys, and my height and girth are an asset. That is a cool thought. A little later it hit me as a Hell of a compliment. I view Gregory as a very accomplished professional actor, whose work has always impressed me. His casual suggestion made me feel pretty damn good.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home