It's a zoo out there
I'm heading to the Woodland Park Zoo this afternoon, not for character work this time, for Zoo Tunes. I thought they supported a charity or the zoo itself, but I can't find any information. I'll try to find out at the concert.
I am already looking forward to a trip or two to the zoo for my next character. I'm wondering if I'll be as surprised as last time. First, I need to at least finish my second read of the script and make some character notes so I have something churning in the subconscious before I go.
So, I am a big fellow, currently bald. You'd think I'd be intimidating, but not to children. When I meet the children of relatives, friends, or acquaintances I am usually their favorite toy in short order. Often grown-ups are a little put off by my outward appearance, but kids seem to know I'm harmless. Cat's too. I'm a cat person, and sadly I am slightly allergic. Cats have always tended to gravitate towards me, even more since I developed the allergy. I guess that's part of why I like those independent contrary beasts so much. There are usually a lot of children at Zoo Tunes. Will their parents successfully keep them away from the scary looking bald guy? Usually in these situations I just exchange a lot of grins which is a nice thing to take home. If there are no grins I'll just give some lonely cat a quick scratch.
I am already looking forward to a trip or two to the zoo for my next character. I'm wondering if I'll be as surprised as last time. First, I need to at least finish my second read of the script and make some character notes so I have something churning in the subconscious before I go.
So, I am a big fellow, currently bald. You'd think I'd be intimidating, but not to children. When I meet the children of relatives, friends, or acquaintances I am usually their favorite toy in short order. Often grown-ups are a little put off by my outward appearance, but kids seem to know I'm harmless. Cat's too. I'm a cat person, and sadly I am slightly allergic. Cats have always tended to gravitate towards me, even more since I developed the allergy. I guess that's part of why I like those independent contrary beasts so much. There are usually a lot of children at Zoo Tunes. Will their parents successfully keep them away from the scary looking bald guy? Usually in these situations I just exchange a lot of grins which is a nice thing to take home. If there are no grins I'll just give some lonely cat a quick scratch.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home