Hmm
The audition went alright. I think I may have seemed brusk when I was trying to put the director at ease. I'd intended to let him know I am familiar with theatre and the ethic, as he seemed to be experiencing the tedium of "here I go again", and I sounded more like "Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know all this." Not what I'd intended at all.
As always happens in an audition I had a litany of could haves and should haves. On the other hand I didn't feel like I gave a totally dull, flat read which I have always felt in the past. There wasn't a chance to read the script through at least once, yet I had fun playing with the characters and didn't have the tentative feeling I've had in the past. We always need more work. From my perspective I was very pleased, not with where I am, but where I have moved. The work of the last year paid off to an extent.
As always happens in an audition I had a litany of could haves and should haves. On the other hand I didn't feel like I gave a totally dull, flat read which I have always felt in the past. There wasn't a chance to read the script through at least once, yet I had fun playing with the characters and didn't have the tentative feeling I've had in the past. We always need more work. From my perspective I was very pleased, not with where I am, but where I have moved. The work of the last year paid off to an extent.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home