Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Friday, June 18, 2004

Wardrobe Malfunction

We had our preview for Les Liaisons Dangereuses last night. It was the first time I've not had the big protector on my thumb since I peeled about a quarter of the nail on Monday. It is healing nicely, though it is still pretty sensitive. Even with the white gloves I was worried I would bang it on something and yelp. I didn't, but had a worse faux pas.

In the up stage right area, where the back curtain is located, there is also a door to the hall which leads to the green room. The curtain needs to be continually pulled over, so light washing in from the door isn't seen in the house. While getting the curtain back over during a scene change I brushed against the light switch which is conveniently located right where the curtain meets the wall, with my arm and sleeve. The work lights started to come up. They're glaring flourescents, but I at least flipped the switch back off before they came on fully. It was still pretty jolting. Well I was back there silently cursing myself, I forgot to assist with moving a chaise lounge. Luckily it is light weight, and Ethan gracefully took care of it solo.

I wasn't real happy with that situation. With all the big fluffy costumes I suppose it is better it happened during the preview. I'm going to gaff tape the switches before every show, to be sure there are no repeats. Hopefully that gives the story a happy ending.

Like I have said before, the cast is a great bunch. They didn't beat me up, or even talk about voting me off the island.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home