Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Monday, June 21, 2004

Cycle

Les Liaisons Dangereuses opened last weekend. Sadly, the houses were small, especially as it seems it is a wonderful show. There were a few confusions on the preview and opening night shows other than my 'wardrobe malfunction', but nothing that wasn't handled anyhow wonderfully. It drove us nuts, but the audience didn't notice. I really love the cast and crew.

It is frustrating for me at the moment. With a full time day job, and an intensive acting class I don't have nearly the time I would like to socialize with the cast and crew. I've had to beg off every evening, knowing I had early rehearsals the following day, and prep, homework, and work to do for class.

The Meisner class itself is exciting and a little sad. Last night as we were signing up for what amounts to individual rehearsal times for the next two class sessions it struck me this was our last time together as a class. We will be together a bit on the 1st of July, preparing the space for our performance, but that is it. I am so excited to be finishing, and very sad our time as an ensemble is done. All part of the cycle of growth. I keep telling myself that...

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Rutherford said...

I cannot believe the changes in you from taking this Meisner course. Deeper, softer, graver yet more joyous, more real, more honest. Grotowski always said, "We do not plan to GIVE you anything. On the contrary, we plan to take. To take your masks, your habits, your defenses, your identity, your restedness. So that perhaps the real you can begin to emerge." Good work this last year, Scott.

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home